Wednesday, April 1, 2009

WhERe dID tHe LaSt TEn YeARs gO??????

Big girl learning how to ride a scooter
So my niece Jadyn turned ten last friday. What in the pete is going on here!!! I met Kevin when Jadyn was 5 months old. And now she is ten! I ca not believe it, nope I will not believe it. Nope in my head I will remember her a 3 year old. For her birthday we went to classic skating and Halle had a blast, Halle was learning how to ride a scooter and it shocked me to see how fast she picked it up. By the end of the night Halle had reached her end and was completly beside herself and needed a good nights sleep, which I promptly headed home to accomplish!
And now I am forced to look at Halle and wonder where the time has gone? I just remember having her in the hospital and being so overwhelmed as a new mom and now she is so independent and actually a really really good little girl!
I am so ready for spring also, I am so sick of waking up and brushing the snow off my car, of having to coop up my toddler as she is standing at the door all day saying "mama, OWSIDE!!" and I have to explain for the 37,876 time that it is cold and we need to stay inside so we don't get sick and her response (after a very dirty look) is "NONO MAMA, OWSIDE" We have this argument over and over and over and by the end of the day I am ready to throw my sweet little angel in the snow (please don't call child protective services, I have only done this maybe twice ;) Sigh I am just missing the warm sun and being able to head out of the house without gloves, hat, coat, blankets, etc.
Well I am praying for the sun and I hope everyone else will do the same!!

2 comments:

Lambeth Family said...

CLASSIC SKATEING! That still is up and running? Holy crap! I know Jayden is huge. It scares me. Why is Halle so freakin cute?

The Brady Bunch said...

I am on the same boat! ALL DONE WITH THE SNOW!!