Friday, April 17, 2009

pOOr sICkY bUm!!

My poor little stinker is sick again!! It started out on easter as a runny nose and I blew it off as allergies, well it progressed and by tuesday she had a cough and there was boogers EVERYWHERE!! Those slimy things are sneaky (sorry for those with weak tummies) you think you got them all then you turn around and they are everywhere again and then you leave the house with a nice swipe of boogies on the shoulder (nothing can bring you sown a peg more than thinkin you are hot stuff in your new shirt, strutting around like you own the place and then someone says "um you have something on your shoulder" AWESOME!!) Well I think we finally got over the worst and she is sleeping good, after the whole bedtime routine which requires a checklist...... 1. Mattress propped up 2. Humidfier refilled with water and vicks 3. Halle taken her vapor bath (by the way, the best stuff ever) 4. Halle covered head to toe in Vicks vapor rub 5. Medicine snuck in her juice and not letting her go to bed till every last drop pf juice is gone 6. Reapply vicks 7. Wipe nose 8. Apply more vicks 9. Rock her to sleep 10. Rerock her to sleep after you stepped on the stupid singing book on the way to her crib 11. Carefully place her in crib and sneak out so quietly just in time to hear the door bell to ring and then the dog starts barking 12. Restart list The thing that is hard when they are sick is that you kinda secretly enjoy it (just a little) I always miss the snuggly baby I had and she turns into my snuggly bunny again and I love me some cuddles from my princess!! Also her little hoarse voice just might be the cutest thing ever, yup, yup, it sure is. I am really trying to take in this time before poptart arrives to enjoy this time with stinker. It's so hard to imagine another one of these cuties taking all my attention away, I am a little nervous and have started nesting like a crazy person. Well hopefully this weekend the fountain of boogers will dry up and we will be able to get out and enjoy the nice weather!!

2 comments:

Lost in this Moment said...

Get better soon, Halle!

The Brady Bunch said...

Poor little girl. I'm glad she's on the mend.