Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Scary....

I wanted to update everyone on what has been going on, It has been a very hard week and I really appreciate everyone and their prayers and support. On Saturday Halle and I woke up and I went about my business getting us breakfast and taking the pooch out. Halle had a hay day with her breakfast so I put her in the bath and while she was in the bath I went potty (of course being prego any sound of water makes you want to pee your pants) so I looked down and I noticed (sorry kinda gross) a bunch of blood on my undies. So I hurry and called the on call dr and she told me to get to the ER right then. So I called Kevin and yanked Halle out of the bath and got her dressed while I was waiting for him to get there. I called my mom and told her to meet us at the ER so she could get Halle. I got there and they got me hooked up to an IV and heart monitor, my pulse was really high (shocking I knowDUH) and i was in a lot of pain so they gave me morphine and did an exam, the bleeding had stopped but I was still cramoing/contracting and so they got me to go get an ultrasound and found out that the baby is ok (Phew) but her amniotic fluid was low. We stayed in the ER while the Doctor came to talk to us about what could happen and all I remember is he just kept saying miscarriage and I was scared to death. After drugging me up (GO MORPHINE) they sent me home to rest and to contact the doctor on monday. So I spent most of sunday in bed sleeping and crying, and praying that poptart would be ok. I got two blessings and I really feel that made me calmer and able to deal with whatever was going to happen. After talking to my doctor on monday he put me on complete bedrest. I called tuesday cause I wanted to go get an ultrasound to make sure that she was ok. So we went in and she was great and my amniotic fluid seems to be replenishing and I am still contracting/cramping but everything seems to be doing better, i am off complete bedrest and I am supposed to be taking it easy so we'll see!! But as for right now things are looking up and I hope they continue to do so!

7 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

I am so glad everything is ok. It is always scary being pregnant because there is that constant fear that something could go wrong. Prayers will be sent your way from our family!! Take it easy and stay rested!!!!

Lost in this Moment said...

I am so glad things are looking up! I hadn't heard about any of this. Thanks for updating us, and we're sure hoping the best for you!

The Brady Bunch said...

Anne, I'm so sorry! There's nothing worse than the thought of loosing your baby. You're in my prayers and I hope everything gets better. Luv ya!

The Felix Family said...

Oh man..that is so scary. After going through my own scary ordeal I totally feel for you. I hope everything comtinues to go ok for you. You are never in control when it comes to things like this you just have to hope that everything will be ok. Good luck youare in our prayers!

Lambeth Family said...

Wow I hope everything continues to go well! I've had a misscarriage and two girls that came two months early. I know how freeked out you must have felt. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes really smooth.

Megan said...

That is so scary! I am so glad everything's okay.

Megan said...

That is so scary! I am so glad everything's okay.