Monday, February 2, 2009

So I decided...

Halle is going to be on bottles the rest of her life, its a fact. I will send her off to college with a cooler full of bottles. I really need to just stop and take them away, but when it comes down to it I just feel like I don't have the energy at night to let her cry or try to get her to just drink her milk from a sippy. I keep telling myself "k this weekend we'll say bye bye to the baba" but then the weekend comes and I just make excuses!! Man I want to "I am doing it tonight! I swear" but I know that 4 am will come and I will just pour the milk in the bottle and be lazy!!! So any advice would be helpful!! I went in today for my 20 week ultrasound, the placenta is still in a bad spot and we are hoping against hope that it starts moving but until then, its a bunch of follow up. Come on placenta!! Other than that in the wrong spot the baby is growing well, everything is developing well and the baby has all it's systems intact and is very healthy YAY!! And we were triple confirmed it was a girl. (I get nervous that something will grow and all I have is girl stuff!) Also I have a severe problem, i have so so so many little baby girl clothes but I want new ones for poptart! I keep having to stop myself from buying new things. the thing is I don't think I can hold out much longer!! TOO many cute clothes!! Well that's all for now!!

4 comments:

Lost in this Moment said...

Now, not having kids of my own, this is second-hand advice, but I've heard it works from several of my friends with kids. Have Halle help you pack up all the bottles and close the box. If you know someone who can do this for you, have them come to your apartment just after you finish packing them up, and take them away for you (with poptart on her way, you might just want to have your friend hold on to them for a couple hours until you can come pick them up again without Halle knowing). Have Halle help you say goodbye to the bottles so she can understand they're going away to make the transition less traumatic. If you can't get someone to come pick them up, take the box to your mom's or something and leave them there, but still say goodbye to them together!

Lane Family said...

I am not sure what to do either, Hailee still drinks milk out of the bottle. She drinks anything else in a sippy, but not milk!! I am stuck with this little situation as well. So if you get any good advice let me know too please!!

The Brady Bunch said...

I had a hard time too getting Leila off her bottle. What worked for me was taking Leila off her bottle cold turkey. It took about 3 days then she just stopped asking for it. I kept telling her that bottles are for babies, and she uses big girl cups now. It worked pretty good for her...but now I'm trying to get rid of the binki and we're having a harder time with that... I'm glad to hear things are ok with your little poptart. Keep me posted! You're in my prayers!!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Oh i feel you!! We were in that same situation a few months ago. I thought..i will train him to sleep through the night and no more bottles before this baby is born. The getting rid of the bottles was way easy, i had him put them in a bag and say bye bye..and at night i giveh im a sippy of milk earlier so he can drink it before bed..then when he is asleep i put a sippy of water in his bed so if he wakes up in the middle of the night or the morning he has something to drink. however..the training not to wake up at 4 am is the hard part.. You just have to tell her when she gets up that the baa baa's are bye bye..the first few nights Andrew screamed for his bottle..now he knows and never asks for a drink in the middle of the night if he wakes up.Good Luck.